Indoors 24

Published on March 17th, 2006 | by Greg

0

Dropps- Great Laundry Idea

It’s one of those “why-didn’t-I-think-of-that” ideas. Little plastic tubes of laundry detergent made with a special plastic that dissolves in water. They’re called Dropps, we’ve tested them out, and the verdict is in.

They work well in all temperatures of water, use organic detergent, and are quite effective. No more boxes, measuring cups, powder spills, or liquid goo on your hands- they are quite easy to use. Best of all, the price is quite competitive- between thirty and fifty cents ($.30-.50) per load. And you don’t need to worry about leaving your detergent behind- perfect for apartments or college dorms.

The detergent they use is Cotn’Wash, and it’s pretty good- no strong perfumes and able to remove most any stains from many types of clothing. Of course, one downside is that it’s hard to do smaller loads, since Dropps come in a one-size-fits-all package. And they are hard to find at retailers for the moment, but are available online.

Final word? Dropps is laundry made easier, even if it doesn’t have any buttons or batteries. Now if only they could think of a silly acronym for the name… oh wait, they have: Dissolvable, Ready-to-use, Organic, Premeasured Packets. Well, maybe that means it’s ready for military use.