Gadgets 101

Published on December 6th, 2005 | by Greg

0

The End of Burntongue

Drink coffee or tea? Or any hot beverage that comes in one of those cups that says “Warning! Contents may be extremely hot! Don’t attempt to drink before testing with a laboratory-certified thermometer!”

Once again, you think that thousands of years of human ingenuity would’ve come up with something better than “add ice”. But nope, we still manage to burn our lips and tongues as a species far more often than we should- which is why the Brugo mug is a sign that our species must be entering it’s golden age. Designed to cool your drinks a sip at a time so that the rest stays warm, it’s an invention whose time has come.

The Brugo mug looks nice, and is pretty simple to use- you can either lock the lid, have it operate as a normal cup, or use the Tip & Cool function. Tilt the cup one way to have some of the beverage enter the “temperature control chamber”, and almost immediately it’s ready for drinking. It can get a little repetitive, tilt, sip, tilt, sip… but it’s much better than burning your mouth, and the drink stays warm for quite a while, and isn’t watered down by any of that ice.

Brugo mugs are $16, and available in a variety of colors.