all parkerpen

Published on February 22nd, 2011 | by Greg

0

Gift Idea: Parker I.M. Premium Pens

May 8th is Moth­er’s Day in the Unit­ed States, and we’ve al­ready picked out our gift: a pen. Writ­ing in­stru­ments might seem an odd se­lec­tion, but hear us out: your mom will ap­pre­ci­ate some­thing sol­id to re­place the an­noy­ing cheap ball­point pens. And the pack­ag­ing and pre­sen­ta­tion is nice enough to make even the most im­age-con­scious par­ent pleased.

The Park­er I.M. Pre­mi­um line comes in a few fin­ish­es- with names like Deep Gun Met­al Chis­eled, Shiny Chrome Chis­eled, and Twin Chis­eled. You al­so have a choice be­tween dif­fer­ent “modes”, and you’ll have to choose and stick with one: ball­point, roller ball, or foun­tain. We’ve been test­ing the lat­ter op­tion, and there are two nib sizes as well. Both south­paws and right-hand­ed writ­ers will find it easy to use. Re­fills are easy to find for the roller ball and ball­point mod­els, and though they sug­gest us­ing their own Quink inks, we had luck with sev­er­al de­cent inks. Nib qual­i­ty is ex­cel­lent, and the re­sults can be love­ly… if you have the pen­man­ship, a good foun­tain pen makes even your gro­cery list look classy.

We liked the fin­ish. Over­all, the I.M. Pre­mi­um felt well-bal­anced, easy to hold and held up well against a cou­ple of drops. And best of all is the price- it feels al­most too good of a pen for the cost, avail­able for as low as $40 or so.

Tags: