Indoors indoors-gift-guide

Published on December 14th, 2012 | by Greg

0

TrulyIndoors Gift Guide For Every Home

Welcome to the second of our upcoming holiday gift guides- be sure to check out the other ones, like the first from TrulyKitchen! We’ve checked out hundreds of products in 2012, and our staff has bathed, slept, traveled, and cleaned dozens of rooms (in the name of journalism). Here are some of the best items we checked out this year, that kept us coming back and have proven useful since we originally wrote.

From SUCK UK, we’d be remiss not to suggest some of their inexpensive gift options, perfect stocking stuffers. The Color Changing umbrella didn’t last, but the Book Rest lamp has, and the Terrorist Teapot continues to garner compliments. $12-60, a broad range of gear for just about anyone.

The soap that has kept us awake, brightened our morning, and made us long for pine forests even before the holidays: Anthony For Men’s Ivigorating Rush Hair and Body Wash. We use it for both, and it’s a great gift for any hard-to-buy-for man. Now our shower is Alpine fresh. $22.

Speaking of fir, the only item on this list that we haven’t previously reviewed is the Thymes Frasier Fir aromatic votive candle- it’s festive, burns cleanly and is incredibly crisp and natural. It adds that special scent to Christmas, and earns our “candle of the season” award. $12.50 for two ounces.

Of course, we wouldn’t enjoy our office nearly so much if we didn’t have a convenient place to put our trash and recycling. Simplehuman gear is a bit on the pricey side, but worth it- solid construction have held up well and a built-in filter cut down on odors. Automatic opening and closing done right, on the 48L Rectangular Sensor Recycler. $250.

Finally, we really liked the Samsonite Gravtec 20″ Spinner. We’ve been taking it all over, and aside from some scruff marks, it’s held up well to a fair bit of bashing and wheeling and dropping. At under $200, it’s also a decent buy. We just checked out an upgrade from the company, the Cosmolite, and though it’s a lighter and sexier, it hasn’t yet proved to be worth twice the price.

Tags: , ,