Gadgets 71VzLK6oDHL._AA1500_

Published on December 18th, 2012 | by Greg

0

Prexiso iC4: Closing The Distance With An iPhone

Are you an architect, interior designer, superintendent, realtor, or homeowner who regularly needs to measure lengthy room distances? Do you also own an iPhone 4 or 4s? If so, then you’re the target audience for an interesting, niche product that gadget-lovers will drool over and definitely can make your life easier.

The Prexiso iC4 is, simply put, a laser measuring tool that connects to your iPhone. We’ve seen ultrasonic solutions, and some others, but this one offers a host of advantages (and a couple of downsides as well). It’s incredibly accurate (to .12″), easy to use, and fun. But it’s also fairly bulky and requires extra batteries.

Setup is simple- just dock your phone to the device and download the free Prexiso app from the App Store. Throw in a couple of AAA batteries (helpfully included) and you’re ready to measure. No more awkward rules or measuring tapes. We tried distances large and small, and found it fast and precise- just press a button and you’ve got your distance displayed. Apparently, it can also work with apps like MagicPlan for floor planning.

Battery life was surprisingly limited (rated at two hours, but you’re largely taking measurements for a moment at a time, they claim up to 3000 measurements and we never needed to change batteries). The laser is safe for your eyes too.

Available now, online and in stores, for $150- a bit expensive perhaps, but the Prexiso iC4 is unique and well-built.

Tags: , , , ,