Indoors bionaire

Published on June 24th, 2013 | by Greg

0

Bionaire Ultrasonic Humidifer: No More Dry Air

It’s not only during the winter that humidifiers can come in handy. In fact, our air conditioning makes our offices seem quite dry, especially in contrast to the humid outdoors. If you’re suffering from dry sinuses, it doesn’t matter what season it is: you should consider getting a humidifier. We’ve tested out quite a few models and today’s is definitely one of the best-looking!

The Bionaire BUL7933-UM Ultrasonic Tower Humidifier offers many of the usual features: a rotating nozzle that allows you to direct the mist, a nice LCD display, and a fairly easy to clean filter-free system. But it’s also a great space-saving design that can fit just about anywhere, with a tank that holds up to 1.5 gallons of water, enough for 48 hours of use. It’s quiet enough that we didn’t notice it was running, unlike air purifiers or similar systems. And we liked the fine, cool mist dispensed. Plus, there’s both a timer so you can set it and forget it, as well as a humidity sensor that allows you to set a level and have it run until it reaches it.

Unfortunately, as the sensor is right near the unit, it’s of course of limited accuracy. Also, though the tank is fairly large, it can be a bit awkward to fill, and also hard to check the visible water level due to the opaque plastic. But, as we mentioned, that’s the price of the sleek aesthetics, and this is a unit that looks great in just about any room. It can also fill just about any size room as well.

Available now for around $80, it’s a good deal on a nice-looking home humidifier, especially one with a great balance of performance and features.

Tags: , , ,

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Appleā€™s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.