Indoors sertaairmattress

Published on December 3rd, 2013 | by Greg

0

Ready For Guests? Serta’s Got Your Back (Literally)!

Holiday visitors always bring with them a variety of issues- whether it’s travel problems, additional stress, shopping hassles, or extra pressures to satisfy a larger group with allergies and preferences and tastes that vary from exotic to gluten-free vegan. We’ve got one less thing to worry about this year: finding a place to have everyone sleep.

Inflatable mattresses are an essential item in New York City, where space is at a premium and tourists are always asking for a place to stay. Family and friends alike want somewhere comfortable to lie their head, and we’ve been testing out an ideal solution: the Serta Raised Air Bed with the Never Flat Pump. Available in a twin size as well, ours was the larger queen.

Like most decent air mattresses, there is an electronic pump- simply plug it in, turn it on, and you’ll quickly have your mattress set up. This one is powerful and quite rapid to inflate, and we liked the automatic shut-off that means you can walk away and not stress out the pump. But there are two extra features that set it well apart from competitors. For starters, you can select your desired firmness, a pretty great addition that is obvious in retrospect- choose from plush, medium, or firm.

The other nifty add-on is a secondary pump. This is where the “Never Flat” name comes into play, as pressure sensors monitor the air level. And during the night, instead of your mattress losing air slowly while you sleep and resulting in a sinking feeling, the pump silently keeps everything inflated and comfortable. We were impressed at how quiet it was, and how easy it was to set up. Only three or so minutes to get it ready, and a little less to take it down, the Serta Never Flat’s only real flaw was the relative difficulty in repacking it. The surface is a bit cold, but the flocked surface feels nice, and stops sheets from shifting much.

Available now, expect to spend a little over $100, online and in stores.

Tags: , , , ,

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Appleā€™s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.