Fashions indoors-gift-guide

Published on December 16th, 2013 | by Greg

0

Home And Style Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers… And Stockings!

With less than two weeks remaining in the shopping season, we’ve finally finished putting together our list of the nicest, choicest, tastiest, funnest, hippest, sleekest items. This year- 2013- was TrulyNet’s biggest year yet, with more reviews of more great stuff than ever before. We’ve narrowed our favorites down in a few categories, trying to find something for most every budget. Here are our Fashions and Indoors favorites, gear that has passed our tests and endured repeated use.

An easy stocking stuff for your girlfriends who like to travel- or your male ‘friend’ who stays over and always forgets to bring cologne? Try the Travalo, a refillable perfume or personal fragrance container that is the perfect size and well-designed. Classy without being pricey, they run $20 each, and come in a wide range of colors.

Or treat yourself or your special lady to something a bit more sexy, like some high-end Italian hosiery from Emilio Cavallini. They aren’t the most durable, but are a ton of fun, and come in so many patterns that you’ll have a difficult time deciding. Expect to spend about $25 a pair.

Appreciate design? Need a desk lamp? Add a little light to your life (or someone else’s) with the highly adjustable, and great-looking Knoll Copeland. This was our favorite addition to our desks this year, and as we said then, “a modern take on vintage mid-century style”. It bends and moves and just looks and feels great, without breaking the bank. ~$200.

If you need something for your man, it’s tempting to think of tools. But there are so many different kinds that it’s understandably overwhelming. If your guy has a tool chest and brags about his collection, try the next item on the list. But if he lives in an apartment and you regularly find yourself assembling Ikea furniture, boost his handyman cred. The Black & Decker 20v Platinum Cordless Drill/Driver is a platform, not just another tool, and has far surpassed our expectations so far. $120.

Finally, give him something to do- or work together on a fun weekend project. Even if you’ve never built anything beyond a Lego set, you’ll be able to join the ranks of do-it-yourselfers thanks to Rockler’s nifty I-ssemble kits. Lots of choices, and great results that you can be proud of and show off. Expect to spend around $100 depending on the kitple of gifts for the ladies, and it’s only fair we return the favor.

.

Tags: , , ,

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Appleā€™s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.