Indoors floor

Published on February 17th, 2014 | by Greg

0

Wellness Mats: Less Fatigue In The Kitchen

Life in the kitchen isn’t all it might seem cracked up to be at first glance- sure, there’s plenty of great food and some nifty tools, but typically a night as prep chef, sous chef, or head chef also means a night on your feet. Whether you’re chopping produce or simply making a pasta dinner for your family, you better be wearing comfortable shoes and be prepared to stand in one place for quite some time.

You can reduce the strain on your ankles, knees, and arches with a Wellness Mat, an anti-fatigue mat made for regular use in environments like your kitchen. Instead of adding and replacing gel inserts, why not have a supportive, comfortable, and durable surface that can sit atop your tile or other flooring and offer an easy-to-clean layer. Available in a wide range of sizes and styles including brown, black, grey, and burgundy, ours was a fairly basic tan but plenty large at 6′ by 3′.

Made from polyurethane, these mats are stain- and dirt-resistant. And the unique beveled edges mean that, unlike many rugs or other mats, that the sides won’t rise up or curl and you won’t trip when stepping on or off. They also don’t slide around. The company offers patterned designs, along with textured ones, and special versions for use in the bathroom or garage, for fitness workouts, or other environments.

We liked that these were made in the USA, and are ADA compliant, with surfaces certified by the National Floor Safety Institute. Ours never cracked, and if our backing isn’t enough, even Mario Batali uses them. Available now, online directly and from third parties, for around $300 for the larger model and starting at $120 or so.

Tags: , , , ,