Indoors rabbitairbiogs

Published on February 21st, 2014 | by Greg

0

RabbitAir Redefines The Air Purifier Again

It might not feel like it yet, but Spring is coming. Despite the remaining snow on the ground and the still-brisk temperatures, we can sense the air shifting and the rains approaching, the seasonal shift towards plants blooming and with it, the attendant allergy season. This year, if you are prone to coughing and wheezing when the ice is gone and the trees come back to life, do yourself a favor and find an air purifier that works for you.

Our suggestion- check out the Rabbit Air BioGS SPA-550A air purifier. A couple of years ago, we checked out the fancy, top-of-the-line Rabbit MinusA2, which was then and now one of the better wall-mountable units that we’ve seen. The new model shifts the design towards a more traditional form factor, with an all-white Apple-esque appearance, rounded and curved and reasonably elegant. It’s the sort of unit that can blend into a room pretty easily, and that you won’t need to hide. From the name, you can gather the maximum size of room suggested for use- 550 square feet in this case, large enough for most any Manhattanite. They also manufacture a sister model capable of handling a bit larger of an area, 625 square feet.

Energy Star certified, there are five speeds available, and at the lowest speed the BioGS SPA is virtually silent. There are several layers of filtering, including a washable pre-filter that requires regular cleaning, but also HEPA for eliminating germs and charcoal-based activated carbon filters to get rid of odors. They can last up to three years of use, which is pretty impressive. Four total stages ensure that your room not only has healthier air but smells cleaner as well. Built in, too, is a negative ion generator which you can turn on or off as you wish- some people find that they prefer it on, as the air can “feel” fresher. In the end, everything from dander to exhaust fumes, smoke to dust particles are kept out of your air.

We liked the interface- lights on the front panel that automatically dim when not in use- and appreciated the included remote control that fits into a slot so you don’t lose it. With published CADR ratings of 162 for pollen, 149 for dust, and 135 for smoke, this is a competitive, solidly-built home air purifier. It doesn’t offer some fancy features we’ve seen, like the ability to add scents to a room, but did a fantastic job in our tests of working hard, quietly, and with little maintenance required. The Rabbit Air is the perfect size for most people, and you’ll notice an immediate and lasting difference in air quality. Available now, in white only, for around $350, the BioGS SPA-550A is our favorite spring cleaning tool that requires no effort and makes a big impact.

Tags: , , ,