Indoors kenmore-humidifier

Published on February 26th, 2014 | by Greg

0

Kenmore 12-Gallon Humidifier: Enough For The Most Any Room

Despite the recent weather flip-flops, we’re anxiously awaiting the start of Spring. But before we bid farewell to winter, we’ve been testing out some gear that works for all seasons, and can seriously improve your living conditions. We’ve looked at a few air purifiers recently, and other cleaning solutions like powerful vacuum cleaners. And we’ve also seen smaller humidifiers- but what if you need something larger and more capable, today’s review is for you.

First things first: the Kenmore 12-Gallon Humidifier doesn’t actually hold a dozen gallons of water at a time. It really holds around four gallons at a time, but offers an output of 12 gallons over a 24-hour period. That said, it’s still a large unit- one of the biggest we’ve tested- and can manage to help add moisture to rooms up to 2500 square feet. There are two reservoirs, a bottle and the base itself, and it’s not too difficult to fill, but you will likely need to use a bathtub.

One important part of any humidifier, though, is knowing when to stop, and when to start up again. There is a humidity sensor, and a display that allows you to enter your target value- but in our tests, the sensor wasn’t very accurate. It was, however, consistent, so that we could set our value appropriately. Four speeds and an auto mode allow you to control the output, but it can be hard to figure out how to do so. On the plus side, the Kenmore humidifier is surprisingly quiet. It might not have an immense feature set- no warm/cold functions, for instance- and it’s certainly not particularly attractive.

Expect to spend around $170 online and in stores, and be prepared for a few rough edges, but a lot more comfortable moisture level indoors even in large spaces.

Tags: , ,