Indoors velocitychrome

Published on April 11th, 2014 | by Greg

0

Moen Velocity: A Dual-Function Rain Showerhead

Small but fierce. That’s how we’d describe today’s product, a swanky showerhead that adds to any bathroom. If you’ve been finding your shower experience a bit lacking, you’re probably using a basic, cheap showerhead. With their oft-clogged jets, uneven pressure, and sometimes painful spray, it’s probably time to upgrade. And you can do it yourself too- no need to hire a plumber, and it takes only a couple of minutes, a basic wrench, and a roll of silicone tape available at even the smallest hardware store for a couple of bucks.

The Moen Velocity Rain Showerhead comes in a few finishes- ours was chrome, but three types of bronze are available as well as a nice nickel. It’s eight inch diameter makes it a bit smaller than the showerhead we checked out recently, but it compresses more into less space- not only does it offer a pretty gentle rainfall mode, but also a higher-pressure jet setting which changes the flow pattern completely and allows you the harder, get-clean spray you want sometimes.

Unlike the American Standard model, the Moen works best at an angle- you don’t need a directly overhead fixture to use, making it more versatile and the better option in many cases. It’s simple to install, as well, and we definitely approved of their special “advanced, self–pressurizing Moen Immersion rainshower technology” which channels water through the showerhead with “three times more spray power than most rainshowers”. It definitely added a bit of  extra energy to our mornings, and the lever held up well to regularly use, flipping back and forth between modes.

You can expect the water usage to be about 2.5 gallons per minute, and this one to last you a lifetime (it’s guaranteed). Easy to keep clean, and with a lovely finish, this one felt more solid than most we’ve seen. It’s more expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for- at $172 or so, online and in stores, it’s a great deal on a rainfall showerhead that offers more than just a rainfall.

Tags: , , ,