Indoors ssm-3006-zpop

Published on August 6th, 2014 | by Greg

0

Sienna Luna Plus: A Better Steam Mop

If you spend any time scrubbing floors, you’ve probably longed to get rid of your mop. They get dirty fast, and very soon it feels like you’re mostly moving dirt around. Vacuums have their place on rugs and carpets, but for anything worse than dust and some hair, your Swiffer won’t cut it. Your kitchen spills, the bathroom floor stains, require a mop- and there are many reasons why a steam mop is superior to the old-school version.

The there are even more reasons why the Sienna Luna Plus is a superior version of a steam mop, bringing some nifty tweaks to the formula and adding some features that make it easier to spot problems and faster to get rid of them. It’s corded, not cordless, but heats up fast and has plenty of power- 1500 watts total- enough to get rid of even tough stains and long-untouched areas. Assembly is easy, and  there are a ton of accessories and components included in the box. Open it up and unpack everything from a carpet glider kit, two washable cleaning pads that are the critical parts, as well as some others: a custom fill cup, 12 piece accessory kit and a storage bag with, window squeegee, several brushes, concentrator nozzle, extension hose, and even a shoulder strap. Altogether, you can steam clothing or get stickers off of windows, among many other household tasks.

Fill up your steam mop with water, and you can expect around 20 minutes of use. And while many competitors offer a simple, binary on/off option, this one has three modes of power, and includes a very cool sonic scrubber that did the trick on even tough, sticky parts of our wood floors. The cleaning pad is larger than most other steam cleaners as well, which makes life easier, though the unit is bulkier and a bit harder to store as a consequence. It’s also not sleek, though is attractive enough- and when in use, there is a blue UV light that also serves to help illuminate hidden stains so you can deal with them.

Sienna offers a wide range of models, from basic steam mops on to the Luna Plus, one of the highest-end and most versatile of the family. Available for around $170, in stores and online, it’s a convenient multi-purpose solution to many of life’s little problems.

Tags: , , , ,