Indoors blackdeckerfloorvac

Published on August 8th, 2014 | by Greg

0

Black + Decker Lithium Flex Vac: Old Name, New Style

There are plenty of big names in household cleaning- dozens of companies make vacuums large and small, from wet/dry shop vacs to corded models big and small. But the latest iterations of the classic tool are battery-powered, cordless units that nonetheless offer plenty of suction. And one classic brand that has a long history (since 1910) of making solid tools have joined the fray, launching a new cleaner perfect for occasional indoor, household use in smaller buildings or apartments.

The Black + Decker 20V Max Lithium Flex Vac With Stick Vac Floor Head And Pet Hair Brush is one of the first products from the company to feature their new branding, a look and feel that updates the firm’s image and aims for personable rather than macho. While their hand tools are more distinctively colored, strong oranges contrasting against black, this vacuum is cooler and calmer, with greys and blues, meant for the home instead of the garage or workshop or shed. The redesign covers not only the packaging but the gear itself, we liked that the antiquated ampersand in the name is replaced with a modern plus (+) sign.

This portable vacuum is lightweight enough for anyone to lift and move around between rooms, and a three-stage filtration system ensures that dust and pet dander are trapped and debris isn’t left in the exhaust. The 20V battery provides 25 air watts of power, and like many newer vacuums, it features an easy-empty, easy-clean dirt canister. Plus, they included a pretty long four-foot hose, a crevice tool, and a pet hair brush along with the floor head. Now, the head isn’t that powerful, and we wouldn’t recommend it for pile or plush carpets, but it works on tile and wooden floors well enough- it’s sort of an upgraded DustBuster, a new form factor that can hide away in your cabinets. The system is pretty compact, though we did find it a bit awkward- we had issues putting the attachments on with the extension, and the head itself isn’t easy to put on either.

The head is low profile enough to fit most anywhere, and the unit is much easier to lift and move than some others we’ve seen. The battery life isn’t great- sixteen minutes is enough for most jobs though, and you can pick up litter, cereal, or any other small spills. Available now, online and in stores, for around $117, the Black + Decker 20V Max Lithium Flex Vac is an interesting twist on portable vacuum cleaning and a cute, easy addition for your kitchen.

Tags: , , , ,