Indoors traditional-desk-lamps

Published on March 26th, 2015 | by Greg

0

Cocoweb Lighting: Classic + Classy Desk Lamps

One of the most important things in a room is one of the most overlooked- the lighting. For the most part, it blends into a room, all but invisible but utterly critical. And with so many different options, it can be overwhelming. There are standing and floor lamps, overhead lighting solutions, track lights… But we’ll always come back to a desk lamp.

Cocoweb is an interesting company- founded over 50 years ago as a major seller of picture lamps, it’s since moved into a variety of other categories as well. They’ve worked with a huge number of clients, high-profile customers and high-end hospitality establishments, including MGM Grand, Las Vegas and a variety of Hyatt Hotels. And we’ve been testing out one of their classic models, now updated with LEDs- the 12-inch LED Piano Desk Lamp.

We won’t lie- we don’t even have a piano in our offices. But this lamp looks great on a desk of any kind, even if you’re not a musician and the only keyboard you use is QWERTY. In fact, it looks like something straight out of an charming old bank, with it’s old-school base and style. And it adds a touch of class to any room, without drawing a ton of power or requiring regular bulb replacements, thanks to the built-in LEDs. The light quality is a little less romantic or nostalgic than incandescent bulbs, but we are living in the future.

The Cocoweb Piano Desk Lamp is adjustable, well-weighted, and feels pretty well-made. It comes with a two-year warranty, and is available in a couple of finishes- ours was Oil Rubbed Bronze but the Mahogany Bronze is nice-looking. Made from aluminum, it’s even available with an optional dimmer module, and at $157 it costs less than the antiques- and might just last longer.

Tags: , , ,