Indoors blueair_sense_4

Published on April 3rd, 2015 | by Greg

0

Blueair Sense: A Gorgeous, Efficient Air Purifier

Spring is finally bringing with it warmer temperatures- and with them, flowers are blooming and pollen is spreading. It’s allergy season, and also a time to open up the windows and let some fresh air in. In any big city, though, with the air in come fumes and smoke. If you’re spending a significant amount of time indoors in an office or your apartment, air quality can be hugely important. And whether you’ve got asthma- or simply want to help protect your lungs- an air cleaner or purifier can make a big difference.

Models come in all shapes and sizes, and a wide range of prices. If you’ve got the budget, and are willing to spend a little extra for quality and Apple-esque design, then the award-winning Blueair Sense is a lovely and efficient floor-standing model. For the size and footprint, it won’t handle a huge room (rated for a 150 square foot space), but it also doesn’t make much noise. With nifty controls and a very sleek look, it fits into just about any decor, whether you just want one for home or for your art gallery. Solid materials definitely put it in a different class than the cheap plastic ones.

Built with what they claim are ‘future-perfect filters’ and an ion particle-charging process to remove 99.97% of impurities, the top of the unit is also futuristic thanks to a tempered glass upper panel that houses motion-sensitive controls. No buttons or knobs- just adjust speed with the wave of your hand. You’ll need to change your filters every six months, as with most similar systems, and the Blueair Sense uses ones they call HEPASilentPlus, which include a particle filter along with a carbon filter to stop odors and smoke. The grill design is unique, and for those who appreciate CADR measurements, this one handles 100 cubic feet per minute. At about 30 decibels on the middle power setting, it’s barely noticeable, though you will hear a hum on high power.

The Blueair Sense is available in six different colors to fit your sense of style: white, graphite black, powder pink, pastel blue, a nice warm gray, and a coffee brown. We saw mention of an interesting program, their filter club, but at press time details weren’t available and the link appeared inactive. Available online and in stores, expect to spend around $479.

Tags: , ,