Gadgets dyson-pure-hot-cool-link

Published on October 31st, 2016 | by Greg

0

Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link: Heat, Chill, Purify!

Over the past couple of weeks, the temperatures have dropped precipitously into the 40s- not unusual for the week of Halloween in New York City, which is often a windy, rainy, stormy day appropriate to the festivities if a little dampening on the spirit. But since it’d be too convenient to be predictable, the last couple of days have brought a second wave of Indian summer weather, leading to 70-degree temps and people eating outdoors in shorts. Layering is essential for being outdoors in the city, but so is some way to control your internal environment.

Though it may not be able to fix the weather, the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link does the next best thing, capable of regulating the temperature in your apartment, home, or office no matter which way it swings. While the vast majority of similar devices can either serve as a heater or as a fan, this three-in-one one can do both, and purify the air as well. And while many air purifiers take up a lot of space on your floor, this one is more compact than most- at 25-inches it isn’t as tall as the Dyson tower editions but still capable of circulating a room over, say, your coffee table. The British company has become justly famous for their various air-based solutions, from vacuums to hand driers, and this one definitely continues the trend.

At a glance, their latest model is similar to the Dyson Pure Cool Link that we checked out last Spring, with a nifty alternate mechanism that does away with exposed fan blades and buries the air filtration hardware in the base. This means it’s safer for children and pets than your average whirling fan, and as a positive side effect both Link versions look far more futuristic than just about any other similar appliance. Like the predecessor, this one boasts true HEPA filtering, able to remove up to 99.7 percent of pollutants including pollen, bacteria and even pet dander and odors. And you can use the Dyson Link app to monitor air quality, plus the Pure Hot + Cool Link can automatically adjust to conditions, and even track pollutant levels over time, though is a bit light on hard numbers. There is a sleep timer, oscillation, and a cute remote control included that can magnetically stick to the fan (useful since there are no controls on the unit itself).

Now, this isn’t a true air conditioner. And the lack of is the lack of IFTTT support is a conspicuous absence, which kept this from being a truly fantastic addition to any connected household. We would really like the ability to integrate it with other devices in our smart home. Available in s sleek white/grey or a metallic blue/black, this is a premium option that definitely isn’t for everyone, if only due to the price tag. But it’s effective, efficient, and far quieter than a box fan or most alternatives on the market, and any visitors will certainly ask about the sculpture you’ve invested in. Expect to spend around $599 online and in stores for the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link.

Tags: , , , ,