Indoors black-decker-20v

Published on February 21st, 2017 | by Greg

0

Fix It Up With Black + Decker’s 20V MAX 4-Tool Combo Kit

With winter’s harsh weather seemingly on the wane, it’s time to start thinking about the home improvement projects you’ve been putting off. Whatever you’re planning this spring, and even if you rent an apartment and want to do nothing more than fix up some furniture, you’ll need a good set of tools. And while a manual screwdriver and handsaw might be enough for simple tasks, you could save yourself some time and effort and pick up a combo kit that covers your bases with a bit more capability.

Black & Decker offers a pretty wide range of options, with plenty of gear for your garden, cleaning, even small appliances. Their power tool lineup should cover just about anything you could want, but today we’re looking at the Black + Decker’s 20V MAX 4-Tool Combo Kit (technically the BDCDHP2204KT). Included in the package are a drill/driver, a reciprocating saw, a circular saw, and a flashlight, along with two interchangeable rechargeable batteries that can be used across the 20V line. They can charge quickly too, and

The cordless drill is the item you’re likely to use the most, and it’s the one we tested the most thoroughly. It features a half-inch chuck, ’412 in-lbs of maximum torque’, a two speed gear box, along with a small LED light that is somewhat helpful. If that’s not enough light for you, the flashlight should help illuminate your work area, and though it’s not super-bright, it can run for 11 hours on a well-charged battery. The circular saw has a five and a half-inch blade, large enough for most uses, and sturdy enough for slicing up some lumber and plywood of most standard thicknesses. On a similar note, the reciprocating saw can get to 3000 strokes per minute, held up well to quick trimming tasks, and you can swap the regular blade for one capable of cutting metal if you have more serious needs (no tools needed to swap blades either).

We liked one tool that isn’t part of the quad mentioned above- the included soft-sided tool bag, handy, lightweight, and well-made, but a little too small for the saw with the blade attached. Less useful, you’ll have to provide your own drill bits, only a basic flathead/Phillips bit comes in the set. This isn’t a professional kit of course; it’s meant for newbies or folks on a budget with a few occasional tasks in mind. Everything is easy to hold and grip, and . A sander is one of the only things you’re likely to want to add, and you won’t even need a battery as two are included here. Black and Decker provides a two-year warranty, and expect to spend around $165 online and in stores for the 20V MAX Four-Tool Combo Kit as tested.

Tags: , , , ,