all cannabis-candle_2.35oz

Published on January 19th, 2012 | by Greg

0

Malin + Goetz Candles: Unusual Scents

Over the hol­i­days, we use a lot of can­dles. Be­tween Hanukkah, our de­sire to have nice­ly dimmed light­ing, and some re­al­ly good pump­kin spice can­dles that def­i­nite­ly add to the fes­tiv­i­ties, we kept the wicks burn­ing. And though we’ve seen a lot of things on these pages, one thing we haven’t checked out of­ten are can­dles. So, we con­tact­ed one of the high­er-end brands of can­dles around, and are hap­py to re­port that there still are plen­ty of new things un­der the sun- even in a cat­e­go­ry as old as wax.

The lo­cal, NY-based Ma­lin + Goetz of­fers a Cannabis Can­dle, rat­ed for 60 hours of burn time, com­plete with classy pack­ag­ing. We were a bit ner­vous when open­ing it- ex­pect­ing a per­haps skunky smell- but there’s noth­ing like that here. In­stead, it’s a re­mark­ably fresh, woodsy, cit­rusy smell that is live­ly and in­stant­ly mem­o­rable. They de­scribe it thus: “The can­dle be­gins with top notes of fresh lemon and or­ange, mid­dle notes of fig and pep­per, with a so­phis­ti­cat­ed base of oak­moss, san­dle­wood and
am­ber-patchouli.” We con­cur.

We liked the sweet­ness and sex­i­ness of it, and can’t wait to try some of their oth­er broad line of ‘apothe­cary’ goods- from per­fumes to body wash­es and even their cute trav­el kits. The can­dle isn’t in­ex­pen­sive- $52 is a fair­ly high price- but it’s a love­ly, unique gift and per­fect for a guy who doesn’t like over­ly flo­ral scents. Avail­able on­line and in lim­it­ed stores now.

Tags: , ,